What to expect
An iDEKOgov consultation will help ensure your project complies with applicable laws and regulations. During the consultation, an iDEKOgov professional will meet with you and your team to help identify and address potential areas of non-compliance, answering all questions and identifying creative solutions to meet compliance.
Plan Exam Consultation
Businesses undergoing new construction or modifying their space are required to file with one or more regulatory agencies to ensure their proposed plans are compliant with applicable City code (i.e. Building, Electrical, Fire, Health, etc). An iDEKO professional will help you understandand outline steps to begin the design process. Our professionals are former City plan examiners, with many years of experience, who understand the challenges and objections raised by City departments when reviewing client plans.
Our team can also review drawings during the design process based on accepted municipal standards, significantly reducing the time to attain approval.
Our team will identify challenges and work with your licensed professionals to outline and mitigate potential objections or concerns. The intent is to eliminate or reduce the considerable amount of time it takes by going back and forth with various City agencies in meeting agency objections. Examples of how our iDEKOgov professionals can help is:
- Reviewing e-filed plans
- Schedule meetings with applicants to discuss objections/compliance issues
- Work in conjunction with the NYC Department of Buildings (DOB) and the NYC Fire Department (FDNY) to address and resolve complex code requirements
Consultations with an iDEKO professional will give you an opportunity to ask questions and help ensure your project complies with applicable laws and regulations. Including:
- Preparing your location to ensure satisfactory compliance with all laws and regulations
- Immediate results to allow you to address all outstanding issues
- Follow-up consultations to ensure that necessary corrective action is performed incompliance with all laws and regulations
iDEKO will work with your business on the following consultations prior to an inspection:
- Food service establishment (Department of Health and Mental Hygiene)
- Grease interceptor (Department of Environmental Protection)
- Backflow Preventer (Department of Environmental Protection)
- Fire Suppression (Fire Department)
- Fire Alarm (Fire Department)
- Fire Protection Plan (Fire Department)
- Construction (Department of Buildings)
- Electrical (Department of Buildings)
- Boiler (Department of Buildings)
- Place of Assembly (Department of Buildings)
- Plumbing (Department of Buildings)
- Consumer protection laws (Department of Consumer Affairs)
- Landmark Approvals (Landmarks Preservation Commission)
- Waterfront Permits And Dockmaster Inspections (Department of Small Business Services)
Our iDEKOgov professionals can help you be compliant and mitigate violations or other enforcement actions taken by regulatory agencies. Our professionals will familiarize themselves with the details of your violation or situation, analyze your position, and give you the pros and cons of several alternate courses of action. To help your compliance, iDEKOgov professionals will consult and help you identify key regulatory issues and risks, adopt agency intake and plan review processes, and implement regulatory controls with maximum impact.